Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, "Overseas in Oslo," my diary of our adventures in Norway.  Over the next four years, I plan to regularly publish thoughts, photos, amusing anecdotes, and other tidbits as Chandler and I learn what it means to be Norwegian.

Exactly 187 days separated our decision to move from the USA to Norway and our arrival at the Oslo airport, with seven suitcases and two dogs in tow.  We spent those six short months preparing documents, saying goodbye to friends and family, and frantically packing everything from chopsticks to chairs.  On July 26, we signed the lease for our new apartment in person and officially became expats!  I've already switched the dollars in my wallet for kroner, my Costco card for the local "kaffekort" punchcard, and my devotion to Junior Mints for an exciting affair with cardamon buns




Family

Friends
 
Goodbyes
Packing

Packing Break

1 comment:

  1. Allow me to be the first to comment on your blog.
    Big move. Interesting choice. Will be looking for more pieces from you on this new and different place.

    ReplyDelete